Vegan Mustard Stewed Mushrooms on Toast
Mushroom toast is a classic weekend breakfast option. For this vegan version the cream is replaced with a combination of coconut cream and almond milk.
- 250 g swiss brown mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- toasted sourdough to serve
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil on medium-high in a medium skillet. Add the mushrooms and salute for 5 minutes or until browned and starting to soften.
Add the cream, almond milk and mustard then bring to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the chives and mix through then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over toasted sourdough.