Thai BBQ Pork with Fried Rice
Pork barbecued in classic Thai flavours and served with an easy fried rice.
for BBQ pork
- 4 pork loin chops or steaks
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 100 g palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground star anise
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
for fried rice
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice chilled
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
For BBQ Pork
Combine all ingredients except pork in a small bowl and mix well.
Add pork and massage marinade into the meat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
To cook, heat a griddle or BBQ on high and brush generously with vegetable oil. Grill the pork on high until lightly charred on the outside and still slightly pink in the centre.
Rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
For Fried Rice
Heat oil in wok on medium-high.
Stir fry carrot and garlic for 1 minute. Add spring onion and stir fry for a further minute.
Pour in the eggs and cook stirring constantly for 30 seconds to scramble. Add the rice and sauces then stir fry for a further minute ensuring the rice is well coated in sauce.