Balsamic Roasted Beetroots
Beetroot is one of my favourite vegetables, they’re earthy and rich. The mixture of sweet beetroot and fresh pomegranate balanced by the vinegar is wonderful and this is all balanced with the freshness of labneh and parsley.
- 1.5 kg fresh beetroots peeled and cut into 3cm wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup labneh
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200°C. in a deep baking tray, combine beetroot, oil, vinegar and spices, season generously with salt and pepper.
Transfer to the oven and roast for 45 minutes, stirring halfway so they brown evenly.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Spoon over labneh then top with pistachios, pomegranate and parsley.