Vegan Masala Chai Overnight Oats
This recipe is super simple, the almond milk is simmered with whole spices to infuse the classic flavours of masala chai before soaking with the oats to soften overnight.
- 3 whole cloves
- ½ quill cinnamon
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 2 whole star anise
- 2/3 cup vegan natural yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- Additional topping of your choice I recommend walnuts, pepitas and blueberries
Combine the almond milk and spices in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Continue to simmer and steep for 10 -12 minutes, stirring regularly.
Remove from heat and cool completely.
Combine milk mixture with all other ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Cover and transfer to the fridge for 4 hours or overnight before eating.