My girlfriend and I have recently gone through a big change in our diet and as a result had to find new meal ideas. In particular, I’ve fallen in love with having omelettes for breakfast. Omelettes are great because they are low in calories and high in protein. Omelettes also offer the opportunity for variety; you can mix it up by adding different ingredients to spice it up. They are also a good option if you have limited time, you can whip one up in just 10-15 minutes.
This mushroom, feta and asparagus version is my favourite, the ingredients complement each other well and give a nice balance, I like to add hot sauce as well for a touch of spice. Overall, it has about 350 calories and 32 grams of protein.
Check out some of my other breakfast recipes here.
Mushroom, Feta and Asparagus Omelette
- olive oil spray
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1-2 button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 stalks asparagus thinly sliced
- 50 g Greek feta diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium and spray generously with olive oil.
- Add the mushroom and asparagus season to taste and saute for 5-10 minutes or until softened and lightly browned.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and sprinkle over the feta. Cook without stirring until the egg has just set on top (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Use a spatula to gently lift the edges then fold the omelette in half. Serve immediately.