Overnight oats are one of the easiest make-ahead breakfasts that you can make, simply whisk together the ingredients and leave to soften in the fridge overnight. I often make a big batch on a Sunday and eat them throughout the week. I am always looking for new flavour combinations many of which you can find already on this site.
This edition is super simple, ripe bananas and cocoa are mashed and added to my base overnight oats recipe. The addition of banana adds sweetness so I’ve left the addition of maple syrup as optional for those who have a sweet tooth. You can top your oats with additional fresh fruit or nuts of your choice.
If you like this recipe, you can check out some of my other overnight oats recipes here, all are vegan and free from refined sugars.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 2 overripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup vegan natural yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- Additional toppings of your choice
- Place bananas into a large bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and thoroughly mix to combine. Cover and transfer to the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to soften.
- To serve, transfer to bowl and top with additional toppings such as fruits, nuts or seeds.