A simple and elegant side dish or vegetarian main, this delicious dish compliments mushrooms with a thick buttery sauce that is lifted by the freshness of lemon and parsley. The big upside of this dish is that it is one pan for reduced mess. As a side, this works well with dishes that are protein heavy or have a creamy sauce. If serving this as a main, consider pairing it with sides that are dairy and carb-based, something like a potato gratin.
Lemon and Herb Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- 500 g white cup mushrooms washed
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 50 g butter
- 1/3 cup chopped flat parsley leaves plus more to serve
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C. In a large cast iron pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter starts to foam, add lemon juice and parsley and mix well.
- Once foaming subsides, add the mushrooms into the pan, stem side down and season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip mushrooms then return to the oven and roast a further 10 minutes.
- Top with extra parsley and serve immediately.