Cauliflower has undergone a serious rebrand in the last few years, people have recognised its versatility and started using it in everything. This recipe combines spicy harissa roasted cauliflower with a fresh herb salad and a refreshing lemon and garlic yogurt dressing.
This recipe uses a lot of my favourite Middle Eastern flavours to celebrate fresh produce. If you were looking to switch things up or make it more substantial you could add some bulgur or cous cous to beef it up. This would be great as a side for roast lamb or pork or as a meal in itself.
You can check out some similar recipes HERE
Roasted cauliflower and pomegranate salad
- 1 head cauliflower cut into large florets
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- juice and zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. in a bowl, mix together harissa and oil. Lay cauliflower on a lined baking tray and pour over harissa mix. Transfer to oven and roast for 45 minutes or until cooked through and staring to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- To construct the salad, star by dividing chopped herbs and pine nuts among serving plates. Top with roasted cauliflower and pomegranates then dot with dressing.