Overnight oats area favourite breakfast option for me. They are incredibly easy to make and are a good meal prep option. As with all of my overnight oats recipes, this is 100% vegan and has no refined sugar. The addition of matcha adds a bitterness and complexity that balances the sweetness of the maple syrup. Topping with sesame seeds also adds a crunch.
If you like this recipe, you can check out my other overnight oats recipes Here.
Vegan Matcha Overnight Oats
- 1 ½ tablespoons matcha
- 2/3 cup vegan natural yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- Black sesame seeds to top
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Cover and stand in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight. Top with sesame seeds before serving.