Fig season is one of the shortest and most wonderful fruit seasons. Figs are beautifully complex and bring a unique textural element. Roasting and caramelising figs is the perfect way to bring out its flavours which are complimented here by the richness of prosciutto and offset with creamy ashed goats cheese and bitter rocket. This makes an elegant starter or side salad to impress guests.
Roasted Fig and Prosciutto Salad
- 5 figs quartered
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 200 g baby rocket
- 50 g prosciutto torn
- 100 g ashed goats cheese
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray. Place figs cut side up onto the baking tray. Sprinkle over sugar and cinnamon.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until soft and caramelised. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the rocket into a serving bowl and arrange figs and prosciutto on top then finally sprinkle over walnuts and dollops of goats cheese.