Classic cocoa brownies with pecans for added crunch. These are incredibly simple brownies, great for a lazy day of baking. As an alternative to pecans, you could use hazelnuts, chocolate chunks or even pretzel pieces for something different. Best eaten warm while still gooey in the centre.
Gooey Pecan Brownies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- generous pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. line a 24cm×24cm square baking tray and grease with spray oil.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. In a small bowl, mix together cocoa, sugar and salt then pour in butter and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Finally, ad flour and pecans and stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan before slicing.