This slaw brings in some classic Korean flavours in daikon radish, nashi pear and gochugaru into an elegant side salad. The dressing is one I’m really proud of, it’s a nashi pear vinaigrette with just a touch of soy sauce and some gochugaru to give it depth. This is a really great side dish for grilled meats it has summery vibes and brings some unexpected spice to traditional salad. For those who don’t know, gochugaru is a Korean chilli powder it has a slightly flaky texture and a mild toasted flavour.
Korean Style Slaw
- ½ white cabbage shredded
- ½ daikon radish julienned
- 1 large carrot finely grated
- 3 stalks spring onion finely sliced
- 1 nashi pear
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons gochugaru
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- Combine chopped vege in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Finely grate the pear into a separate bowl then add vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, gochugaru and sesame. Mix vigorously with a fork. Pour over the slaw and toss again to coat. Serve cold.