Bombay potatoes are boiled potatoes fried in a mixture of spices. These are a really great side dish for curries and other Indian dishes and could be a good alternative to rice for something a little more interesting.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 500 g potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and cut into a large dice. Boil in lightly salted water until just cooked.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the spices and fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the potato and stir to coat. Fry for a further 6 minutes stirring occasionally until the potatoes just start to become crisp on the edges.