I really like this recipe because it combines a lot of my favourite flavours from Middle Eastern cooking with zaatar, pine nuts, pomegranate, yogurt and parsley. This is a really good main dish for a vegetarian meal and has plenty of flavour. You could make this recipe vegan by just subbing out the yogurt for a vegan alternative.
Zaatar Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower leaves removed and sliced into 4-6 thick pieces.
- 2 tablespoons zaatar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup natural yogurt
- 1 pomegranate halved and arils removed
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C. combine the olive oil and zaatar in a bowl and mix to form a paste, season lightly with salt and pepper. Spread evenly over cauliflower pieces.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. In a bowl mix together the lemon juice/zest and yogurt. To serve, top the cauliflower pieces with dollops of yogurt mixture and sprinkle over pomegranate, pine nuts and parsley.