Mushroom toast is a classic weekend breakfast option. For this vegan version the cream is replaced with a combination of coconut cream and almond milk. The coconut flavour and slight sweetness of the almond milk are covered by the strong mustard flavours.
You could make the mushroom mixture and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days then reheat as desired.
Vegan Mustard Stewed Mushrooms on Toast
Mushroom toast is a classic weekend breakfast option. For this vegan version the cream is replaced with a combination of coconut cream and almond milk.
- 250 g swiss brown mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- toasted sourdough to serve
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil on medium-high in a medium skillet. Add the mushrooms and salute for 5 minutes or until browned and starting to soften.
- Add the cream, almond milk and mustard then bring to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chives and mix through then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over toasted sourdough.
One thought on “Vegan Mustard Stewed Mushrooms on Toast”
Great post 😊