This salad combines a lot of classic middle eastern flavours with zucchini, pomegranate, pistachios, za’atar and fresh herbs. Grilling the zucchini lends it caramelised flavour and added texture. This is great as a light meal on its own or as a side dish.
Grilled Zucchini Salad with Vegan Yogurt Dressing
This salad combines a lot of classic middle eastern flavours with zucchini, pomegranate, pistachios, za’atar and fresh herbs
- 3 medium zucchinis thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pomegranate sliced and arils removed
- 200 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves chopped
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves chopped
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios chopped
- 1 cup vegan natural yogurt
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons za’atar
- Rub the zucchini slices with the olive oil.
- Heat a grill or griddle pan on medium-high. Grill the zucchini for 2-3 minutes or until starting to soften the flip and grill for a further 2 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic and lemon juice/zest and mix well to combine.
- Combine the spinach, parsley and mint then toss to mix. Construct starting with the spinach and herb mixture then top with cherry tomatoes and pomegranate. Drizzle over the yogurt dressing then sprinkle with za’atar and pistachios.
One thought on “Grilled Zucchini Salad with Vegan Yogurt Dressing”