Inspired by carrot cake, these oats combine grated carrot, cinnamon and dates. They are a sneaky way to get a serve of vege into your breakfast plus they are free from refined sugar. They can be refrigerated up to 4 days and are a good option for meal prepping breakfast.
If you’re interested in this, I have three other overnight oats recipes already on my site.
Vegan Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large carrot
- ¼ cup dates finely diced
- ¼ cup pecans finely chopped
- 2/3 cup vegan natural yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- additional toppings of your choice
- peel and finely grate the carrot
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine. Rest in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit, nuts or granola