The nuts are first soaked in white balsamic vinegar then roasted and sprinkled with sea salt. These make for a tasty snack great for entertaining or making ahead to bring with you to work or school. Soaking the nuts in the vinegar is the best way to get the flavour all the way through.
Salt & Vinegar Mixed Nuts
- 400 g roasted nuts a mix of peanuts, almonds and cashews
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- Place the nuts into a large bowl and cover with the vinegar. Allow to marinate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Drain off the vinegar and dry the nuts with paper towel. Toss in the oil and sea salt then transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.