An easy salad option, this recipe involves minimal fuss and prep but is filling and tasty. This is a great option for making ahead for lunch and can keep for up to 3 days if refrigerated.
Pearl Cous Cous Salad with Creamy Vegan Tahini Dressing
A fresh and tasty salad which is filling and keeps well if made ahead.
- 2 small beetroots peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 3 dried figs diced
- ½ cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups pearl cous cous
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice and zest of ½ a lemon
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°cover a large baking tray with parchment paper and spread out the beetroot pieces in an even layer, drizzle over the olive oil and season lightly with salt. Roast for 20 minutes or until soft and slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the cous cous and 3 cups cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Once beetroot and cous cous are cooled, combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss thoroughly. Divide salad mix among serving bowls and spoon over the dressing.