An easy side dish with a lot less oil than traditional fries. This is one that can be prepared with minimal fuss, simply prep the potatoes, rub with spices and bake.
Crispy oven sweet potato fries
Crispy fries baked in the oven with just a lightly spiced seasoning.
- 1 large or two medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 220°thoroughly wash the sweet potato and cut into even sized pieces approximately 1cm x 1cm x 5cm. pat dry with paper towel.
- In a bowl combine the oil, salt and spices and mix well. Add the sweet potato and toss to coat. Transfer to a lined baking tray and roast for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.