This recipe may take a little time but is fairly low effort with minimal prep. The sauce is rich and vibrant and pairs well with the peppery watercress. The sauce can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Vegan Creamy Roast Vegetable Pasta with Watercress & Sun-Dried Tomato
An easy vegan pasta recipe that can be made ahead if necessary.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large red capsicum halved and core removed
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch watercress torn and thicker stems removed
- 1 cup cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 500 g dried pasta of your choice
- Cook the pasta to packet directions.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Place capsicum and cherry tomatoes on a lined baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon olive oil and season lightly with salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft and starting to colour.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a pan. Fry the shallots for 10 minutes or until soft and translucent then add the garlic and fry for a further two minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, combine shallots and garlic with the sundried tomatoes, roasted capsicum, almond milk, yeast and cashews. Blitz until smooth.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and return to the pan. Pour over the blended sauce and add the watercress then toss to mix. Divide among serving bowls and top with the roasted tomatoes.