A different idea to try out for weekend breakfasts. This casserole combine fluffy eggs with crispy bacon and a touch of spice from jalapenos. leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Bacon, jalapeño and Cheddar Breakfast Bake
- 3 jalapenos sliced, seeds removed
- 250 g bacon
- 100 g cheddar grated
- 10 extra large eggs
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 3 spring onions white part only thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- sour cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°dice bacon and fry in a large skillet for 10 minutes or until slightly crispy. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and cream until well combined. Add the spring onion, salt, bacon and half the cheese and mix through.
- Pour into a greased baking pan. Top with the remaining cheese, cracked pepper and jalapeños.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve hot, topped with a dollop of sour cream.