This no-bake cheesecake recipe is fairly traditional with a filling made with cream cheese, lemon and just a touch of cocoa. The base is made from crushed red velvet oreos although if you can’t get any you could always substitute original oreos.
Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
- 3 packets(375red velvet oreos
- 100 g unsalted butter melted
- 500 g cream cheese
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Place oreos into a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Pour in melted butter and stir to combine.
- Press into a 9-inch (22.5cspringform pan to 3cm thick covering the base of the pan. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- To make filling, in an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk a few tablespoons at a time until well combined. Then beat in lemon juice, cocoa and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared base.
- Place into a fridge and chill for 3 hours before serving.