Thai BBQ Pork with Fried Rice
Pork barbecued in classic Thai flavours and served with an easy fried rice.
for BBQ pork
- 4 pork loin chops or steaks
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 100 g palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground star anise
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
for fried rice
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice chilled
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
For BBQ Pork
- Combine all ingredients except pork in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add pork and massage marinade into the meat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To cook, heat a griddle or BBQ on high and brush generously with vegetable oil. Grill the pork on high until lightly charred on the outside and still slightly pink in the centre.
- Rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
For Fried Rice
- Heat oil in wok on medium-high.
- Stir fry carrot and garlic for 1 minute. Add spring onion and stir fry for a further minute.
- Pour in the eggs and cook stirring constantly for 30 seconds to scramble. Add the rice and sauces then stir fry for a further minute ensuring the rice is well coated in sauce.
One thought on “Thai BBQ Pork with Fried Rice”