Another make-ahead vegan breakfast option. This one requires minimal effort, needing only ten minutes of cooking and can be made and stored for 3-4 days if required.
Vegan Apple & Rhubarb Overnight Oats
a make-ahead breakfast recipe. This one incorporates stewed rhubarb and apples for sweetness which is offset with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 1 granny smith apple
- 2 stalks rhubarb trimmed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup vegan natural yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- additional toppings of your choice
- Core, peel and dice the apple and finely chop the rhubarb.
- Place the apple and rhubarb into a medium saucepan with 2 tablespoons water, 3 tablespoons of the maple syrup and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and refrigerate.
- Combine remaining ingredients including the rest of the maple syrup in a bowl and whisk to combine. Rest in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To construct, layer the oat mixture over the stewed apple and rhubarb and add additional toppings of your choice