Brussel sprouts rarely get the respect they deserve. This quick and easy side dish elevates them o a new level and adds bold flavours. As a side, this dish goes well with chicken or white fish.
Sautéed Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta crumb
A quick and easy side dish that’s packed with flavour to elevate the humble brussel sprout.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 200 g brussel sprouts
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 100 g Danish feta
- 150 g pancetta
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 10 mint leaves roughly torn
- Halve the sprouts and dice the pancetta.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter on medium heat until foaming. Add the sprouts and sauté for 6 minutes stirring regularly. The sprouts should be caramelised and starting to char in places. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, cook the diced pancetta over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the panko, pepper and crumbled feta.
- Preheat grill/broiler on high. Place the sprouts into an oven proof dish and sprinkle over the crumb mixture. Grill on high for 5 minutes. Remove from grill and toss over mint leaves. Lightly toss then serve immediately.