An easy and interesting side dish, it goes well with grilled meats or Japanese dishes.
Japanese potato salad
A tasty side dish that pairs well with barbecued meats and Japanese dishes.
- 4 medium red royale potatoes
- 3 spring onions white part only
- 4 radishes
- 1 cup edamame steamed and shells removed
- ¾ cup kewpie mayo
- 1 ½ tablespoons ponzu sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds to serve
- Dice the potatoes and thinly slice the spring onions. Finely dice 3 of the radishes and thinly slice the remaining one.
- In a small saucepan, cover the potatoes with lightly-salted cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 8 minutes on 8 minutes heat or until just cooked but still firm. Drain and allow to cool.
- Mix the mayo and ponzu in a small bowl until well combined.
- In a bowl combine potatoes, diced radish, edamame and half the spring onion. Pour over the mayonnaise mixture and mix well.
- Place into serving dish then top with sliced radish, remaining spring onion and sesame seeds.