Spicy Chorizo Rigatoni
An easy to make, crowd-pleasing pasta dishes suited for fast mid-week meals
- 300 g dried rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chorizos
- 2 400 g cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Medium brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet directions
- Peel and dice onion, crush and finely chop garlic and dice chorizo.
- Heat olive oil in deep frying pan on medium. Add onion and garlic and fry, stirring constantly, for 7 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Turn up to medium-high, add chorizo and fry for a further 3 minutes continuing to stir.
- Add tomato paste, chilli flakes and oregano and fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat back to medium, pour in tinned tomatoes and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Toss drained pasta through sauce to coat and serve topped with parmesan.